BITSAT 2015 English and Logical Reasoning Syllabus :- BITSAT i.e Birla is among those competitive exam which also include English and Logical Reasoning question and to get a good college one need to do well in these parts also.Here is the your syllabus of BITSAT 2015 English Proiciency and Logical Reasoning.Note it down and prepare accordingly.
BITSAT 2015 English Proiciency Syllabus
This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self-expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
- Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
- Voice, Transformation
- Question tags, Phrasal verbs
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters,Homophones, Spelling
- Contextual meaning.
3. Reading Comprehension
- Reconstruction (rewording)
- Paragraph Unity
BITSAT 2015 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
1. Verbal Reasoning
- AnalogyAnalogy means correspondence. In the questions based on analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives provided.
- ClassificationClassification means to assort the items of a given group on the basis of certain common quality they possess and then spot the odd option out.
- Series CompletionHere series of numbers or letters are given and one is asked to either complete the series or find out the wrong part in the series.
- Logical Deduction – Reading PassageHere a brief passage is given and based on the passage the candidate is required to identify the correct or incorrect logical conclusions.
- Chart LogicHere a chart or a table is given that is partially filled in and asks to complete it in accordance with the information given either in the chart / table or in the question.
2. Nonverbal Reasoning
- Pattern PerceptionHere a certain pattern is given and generally a quarter is left blank. The candidate is required to identify the correct quarter from the given four alternatives.
- Figure Formation and AnalysisThe candidate is required to analyze and form a figure from various given parts.
- Paper CuttingIt involves the analysis of a pattern that is formed when a folded piece of paper is cut into a definite design.
- Figure MatrixIn this more than one set of figures is given in the form of a matrix, all of them following the same rule. The candidate is required to follow the rule and identify the missing figure.
- Rule DetectionHere a particular rule is given and it is required to select from the given sets of figures, a set of figures, which obeys the rule and forms the correct series.
- Dont forget to practice previous years question of english and logical reasoning.It will help you out.
- Also this is a book where you will get thousands of questions.”Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test” from here(a book with lot of positive response and most importantly thousands of question to practice) —>