CET Delhi also known as Delhi polytechnic is an entrance exam for admissions in full-time diploma programmes in polytechnics for (engineering and non-engineering) offered by various government and government aided institutions of Delhi. The Department of Training and Technical Education, Delhi organizes this entrance test. In this exam 85 percent of seats are reserved for Delhi candidates and rest 15 percent are for outside Delhi candidates. Students who are interested in Polytechnic courses in Delhi can get the full information about polytechnic exam dates, exam pattern and eligibility through this article.
Also See: Delhi Polytechnic Application Form 2017
Important Delhi Polytechnic 2017 Exam Dates
|Availability of Application Form||Last week of March, 2017|
|Form Submission Last Date||Third week of April, 2017|
|Admit card download||Last week of May, 2017|
|Date of Examination||First week of June, 2017|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of June, 2017|
|Counseling Dates||After announcement of result|
*The above schedule is tentative.
Delhi Polytechnic 2017 Exam Pattern
- It is an objective type paper. Multiple questions (MCQs) will be asked in the examination.
- Examination will be held through pen and paper mode.
- 150 multiple choice questions will be asked in the CET Delhi exam 2017. 50 questions will be asked from Mathematics, 40 from Physics, 30 from Chemistry, and 15 questions will be asked from Biology & English.
- 150 minutes i.e. 2.5 hours will be given to complete the exam.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers. For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- The question paper will be both in English and Hindi language.
Delhi Polytechnic 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed 10th or equivalent exam with three main subjects which are Science, Mathematics and English.
- A minimum score of 35% in English, Mathematics and Science is required.
- A candidate needs to pass in all these three subjects separately without grace marks.
- Age of a candidate as on 1st August 2017 should be below 21 years.
- Candidates who will be waiting for their result of qualifying exam given in 2017 can also apply for CET Delhi.
- For admission in Pharmacy course a candidate needs to pass 12th from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% for general and 40% for reserved category (SC, ST) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics group.
So this is all about Delhi Polytechnic 2017 Exam details. Anyone have any query regarding the exam pattern, eligibility criteria etc. can comment down below.