Eligibility For JEE Mains 2016
JEE Main stands for Joint Entrance Exam Main which is an all India common engineering entrance examination which is conducted every year to provide admission in various engineering colleges and courses all over the country.
CBSE in 2012 announced this common entrance examination in place of AIEEE. IIT JEE exam is conducted in two part i.e. JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced is to provide admission in various Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian School of Mines Dhanbad which is soon going to convert into IIT.
Students who have secured rank below 1.5 lakh in JEE Main are eligible for 2nd tier exam i.e. IIT JEE Advanced exam. JEE Main has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Paper-1 is for admission in B.Tech/B.E which can be given either in online or offline mode.
Paper-2 is for admission in B.Arch. and Planning which is in offline mode of exam. Most of the students get confused about eligibility for jee main or have lack of knowledge about the eligibility criteria.
If you are going to appear for IIT JEE Main 2016 then know about the eligibility for jee mains 2016. Eligibility for JEE Mains 2016 exam is also provided on the official website of JEE Main.
Eligibility For JEE Mains 2016:-
There are mainly four criteria for the eligibility for jee mains 2016. Do read the each and every eligibility carefully before applying for JEE Main 2016 Application form. Below given eligibility criteria for JEE Mains 2016 is also applicable to a foreign student.
Class 12 Performance:-
The first eligibility criteria for JEE Mains 2016 is about the class 12 or equivalent exam pass percentage. After the AIEEE changed to JEE Main class 12th percentage is also included in deciding the cut off for admission in various colleges.
A candidate who passed or appearing for class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board should fulfil the given below criteria. So here are the four points which candidate should take care before applying for IIT JEE Main 2016:-
- Candidate must have PCM and passed the 12th class with PCM with minimum of 50% marks in the core subjects.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th exam in the year 2013 or before are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016.
- If candidate appeared for qualifying exam in 2013 but did not pass in the same year and later passed in 2014 are also not eligible for JEE Main 2016.
- Candidates must have studies at least five subject in their class 12th.
Age limit is also important while considering the IIT JEE Main 2016 eligibility. Date of Birth mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will be considered as the DOB for IIT JEE Main 2016 exam.
Age limit for IIT JEE Main 2016 of various categories are mentioned below:-
- For General and OBC Category Candidates – Candidate must bear on or after October 1, 1990.
- For SC/ST/Pwd Candidates-Candidate must bear on or after October 1, 1985.
- States like Maharashtra and Odisha consider age according to the past admission process in their states through the state level exam.
Number of Attempts:-
Candidates who fulfilled the above two criteria are allowed to appear for IIT JEE Main exam and there are maximum of three attempts are allowed that too in consecutive years.
If candidate appeared for JEE Main in 2014 then he/she can also appear for JEE Main 2016 but year of passing 12th class should be 2014.
Most of the candidates get confuse between Qualifying year and number of attempts. Candidates who have appeared for JEE Main and will be appearing for JEE Main 2016 should take care of the following points.
- As there are maximum of three attempts to give JEE Main so candidate must have passed their 12th class examination or equivalent examination in the year 2014 or 2015 to become eligible for JEE Main 2016. OR the other case is
- Candidate appearing for Class 12th exam in 2016 is eligible to appear for JEE Main but candidate must fulfil the above discussed points in Class 12 performance section.
- Those candidates who have studied four subjects are not eligible for JEE Main 2016. Candidate must have studied at least five subjects in their class 12th.
Candidates who have fulfilled all the above mentioned criteria can apply online. Online Application form for IIT JEE Main 2016 will be out in their first week of November 2015. Feel free to share your query and suggestion in the comment box given below.