IIT JEE Main 2016 Application Form Online With Importat Instructions
Joint Entrance Exam popularly known as JEE is a two tire exam i.e. IIT JEE Main and IIT JEE Advanced. JEE is an all India common engineering entrance exam which is conducted in order to give admission in various engineering colleges and courses all over the country. The engineering colleges include various government, private and funded institutes including IIT’s and NIT’s. Admission in any of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is based on the performance of the student in IIT JEE Advance Exam. And only those who cleared the IIT JEE Main exam are eligible for IIT JEE Advanced Exam. Students who are not eligible for IIT Advanced exam can get a seat in private and other state engineering colleges. Now there are many new states taking keen interest in providing admission to the students on the basis of their performance in IIT JEE Main exam.
JEE Main 2016 Participating States
Reportedly last year states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Nagaland, Odisha and Uttarakhand had participated in JEE Main. Students seeking admission in any of the state engineering college can prepare well for their IIT JEE Main exam. There is no need to give a separate exam for the admission. Those who are seeking admission in any of state colleges can fill IIT JEE Main 2016 application form online. All the details about application form for IIT JEE Main 2016 are mentioned below with proper guidelines.
IIT JEE Main 2016 Application Form :-
JEE Main 2016 Application Form Details:-
According to the declaration by CBSE IIT JEE Main 2016 Application form will be available online from first week of November and candidates will be given one month time to fill the form and submit it before the last date of submission. Below are the guidelines for filling IIT JEE Main 2016 Application Form. One can register as soon as the registration form is available.
- Start of JEE Main 2016 Online Application Form – 1st Week of November, 2015
- Last Date of Submission for Online Application form by uploading of Scanned Images – 3rd Week of December, 2015.
Process to fill IIT JEE Main 2016 Application Form:-
- The very first step to apply for JEE Main 2016 is registration. Candidate have to register on the official website of CBSE i.e. jeemain.nic.in.
- To fill the application form candidate first register by creating a password. Note that password should be strong. And you can reset the password by using security question, using a verification code via text message to your registered mobile number or by using a reset link send via email to your registered email address.
- Make sure that the registered email address and registered phone number are active till the admission process.
- Fill the application form correctly. In the application form of IIT JEE Main 2016 candidate need to provide correctly Personal Details, Exam related Details, Academic details, Mailing address details, Guardian details, Password and Security Pin.
- Upload Scanned Copy and pay the application fee (complete details are provided below).
- After the submission of application form, the generated application number must be noted down.
Guideline for Uploading Scanned Images:-
- Do not upload your 5 year old photograph. Latest passport size photograph will be entertained.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression should be in JPEG format. If you don’t have the image in JPEG format than there are many tool online through which you can convert the images into any format which you want.
- Below is the correct dimension and size of image which you have to upload.
|Image||Greater than||Smaller than||Dimension|
|Thumb Impression||1 kB||30 kB||3.5 cm (length)*1.5 cm (Height)|
|Signature||1 kB||30 kB||3.5 cm (length)*1.5 cm (Height)|
|Photograph||1 kB||40 kB||3.5 cm (length)*1.5 cm (Height)|
- If you don’t have the correct size and dimension of image than you can use paint, Picasa or any other software to crop and resize the image.
Before the last date of submission you have to fill the form correctly, upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and left thumb impression in JPEG formats and fee payment. Application fee can be paid through debit/credit card or through E-Challan. Below is the application fee for all categories of students who are giving the exam in Offline or Online Mode.
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode||Online Mode|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|JEE (Main) Paper 1 or JEE(Main) Paper 2||1000||500||500||250|
|JEE (Main) Paper 1 and JEE(Main) Paper 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For Examination centres opted in Foreign Country|
|JEE (Main) Paper 1 or JEE(Main) Paper 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|JEE (Main) Paper 1 and JEE(Main) Paper 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
How to Pay JEE Main 2016 Application Fee:-
- Through Credit Card – If you want to pay JEE Main 2016 Application Fee through credit card then there is additional charge of 1.20% of the examination fee + the service tax as applicable.
- Through Debit Card – You can also pay JEE Main 2016 Application Fee via debit card and then there will be additional charge of 0.75% of the examination fee + taxes for examination fee upto Rs. 2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs. 2000.
- Through e-Challan – E-challan can be generated after the successful submission of the online application form. One can deposit application fee in cash at any branch of Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank, HDFC and ICICI Bank.
Before paying the application fee do check all details carefully. Once the payment is done, no changes can be made.
IIT JEE Main 2016 Application Form Correction:-
CBSE Board has made announcement regarding correction in particulars of JEE Main application form during the two weeks in second half of January every year. So if any candidate by mistake committed any type of mistake in their application form like wrong personal details, educational details, thumb impression or any other mistake can make it correct by visiting the official website of JEE main and putting the ID and password.
Things to Remember:-
- Candidate must download the generated receipt i.e. after the successful submission of application form and keep it safe for any further use.
- Keep of copy of DD or transaction details if you have paid the application fee online.
- Keep 8-10 identical photographs for future use till admission. Make sure that the photographs are same as ones that have been used in your JEE main 2016 application form.
This is all about IIT JEE Main 2016 Application form with some guidelines. Also note that the article will get update as soon as the CBSE issue the JEE Main 2016 application form. JEE Main is the first stage exam. In 2015 over 13 lakh candidates appeared for JEE Main exam. And according to the rule 1.5 lakh candidate are eligible for JEE Advanced Exam.
Do explore EngineeringFunday for tips, tricks regarding your IIT JEE preparation. Till than stay tuned with EngineerinFunday. Subscribe EF on YouTube, follow the page on Facebook. Follow me on Google+ and Twitter. Good Luck