JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) Main is a premier examination which is organized every year by Central Board of Secondary Education. It is the first step towards admission to Engineering, Architecture and allied courses offered by IITs, NITs and various Government colleges funded by Central. After the successful completion of JEE Main, the qualified candidates would be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2017 which is the second step for admission to engineering (B.Tech) offered by IITs.
I got many queries about the revised JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria. The most common question asked by the students are
“Minimum percentage of marks in 12th class for JEE Main 2017.”
“Is Class 12th marks will be consider in deciding the AIR ranks ?”
If you have such queries in mind then read the whole article and all the doubts will be cleared.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants are advised to make sure their eligibility through the details furnished below:
Date of Birth (D.O.B)
- Aspiring candidates whose D.O.B. (mentioned in Secondary Education Board/University certificates) falls on or after October 1, 1992 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates belonging to PwD (Persons with Disability), SC (Scheduled Caste), ST (Scheduled Tribes) category will be given a relaxation in age by 5 years. they are eligible even if their D.O.B. falls on or after October 1, 1987.
- Candidates should have cleared class 12 examinations or its equivalent with 5 subjects either in year 2015 or 2016 is eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are appearing in class 12 or its equivalent in the year 2017 can also apply.
- Candidate must have PCM and passed the 12th class with PCM with minimum of 50% marks in the core subjects.
- Candidates must have studied at least five subjects in their class 12th.
- There shall be no weight age for class 12 examination marks in calculating the ranks in JEE Main exam.
- There is no minimum criteria for 12th percentage in order to appear for JEE Main 2017 exam.
- For the candidates to qualify for admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on JEE ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the class 12 exams, or be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12 exam conducted by respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the class 12 exams. In other words, we can say that admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTs will be offered to those students who secure minimum 75% marks (for general category) and minimum 65% marks (for SC/ST candidate).
Number of Attempts
- Number of attempts to appear for JEE Main 2017 is restricted to three.
Exam Pattern for JEE Mains 2017
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|· Admission to BE/B.Tech||· Admission to B.Arch/B.Planning|
|· Online & offline as well||· Only offline|
|· Objective questions of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||· Part 1 – questions of mathematics
Part 2 – objective questions on aptitude skills
Part 3 – drawing test
|· 1/4th marks negative marking for every incorrect answer||· 1/4th marks negative marking for every incorrect answer|
Important Dates for JEE Main 2017
|· JEE Main 2017 online application process starting||November/December 2016|
|· Last date of submitting online application||January 2017|
|· Last date of application payment via debit/credit card||January 2017|
|· Last date of application payment through e- challan||January 2017|
|· Download admit card||2nd week of March 2017|
|· Offline mode of exam (pencil-paper based), Paper 1& 2||April 2017|
|· Online mode of exam (computer based)||April 2017|
|· Answer key and OMR sheets display||April 2017|
|· Challenges against answer key accepted from||4th week of April 2017|
|· Result of JEE Main 2017||April 2017|
|· All India rank declaration||June 2017|
|· Rank card available||After release of AIRs (All India Ranking)|
Important Guidelines for JEE Main application form 2017
- Tentatively the JEE Main 2017 application form will be available on the official website in the month of November/December 2016. Keep regular check on nic.in.
- On the home page click on the link Apply for JEE (Main)-2017.
- Go through the guidelines and eligibility criteria provided there in. Ensure your eligibility as per the guidelines.
- Fill up the form with utmost care providing genuine information.
- Upload your photograph, signature, and left thumb impression in JPEG format as prescribed in the guidelines.
- Pay the fees through debit card/ credit card or e-challan.
So this is all about revised JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern along with some guidelines. If you have any query related to the eligibility, JEE Main preparation etc. just comment down below. You will get proper solution. Don’t forget to shares this piece of information with others who are looking for this.