JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
Joint Entrance Exam Main is among the popular engineering competitive exam in India. It is an all India common entrance exam which is conducted by CBSE for admission in various engineering colleges and courses all over the country.
Through JEE Main student can take admission in various IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology), CFTIs (Central Funded Technical Institute) and IIEST Shibpur. But in order to get admission in IITs student have to secure a good rank (Cut Off rank) in JEE Advanced exam and in order to appear for JEE Advanced student must secure a rank below 1.5 lakh in JEE Main.
There are some good colleges like ISER’s, RGIPT, IISc and others which use the score of JEE Advanced for admission but they are not participating institute of central IIT JEE Advanced counselling. Every year more than 12 lakh students appear for JEE Main and only a handful of them get a seat in IITs, NITs or any good college.
The competitive is really very high. According to the rules and regulations a student can appear for JEE Main exam to a maximum of three times and for JEE Advanced to a maximum of two time consecutively.
Some students worked hard but did not make into IIT and many of them took a drop for a year to prepare again. Some students get confuse of their eligibility because of the fixed number of attempts for JEE Main and Advanced.
IIT JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
Find out JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers. There are mainly four eligibility criteria for a dropper to appear for JEE Main. And these four criteria are also applicable for foreign students.
Class 12 Performance:-
First JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers is class 12 or equivalent exam pass percentage. After the AIEEE changed to JEE Main class 12th percentage is also included in deciding the cut off for admission in various colleges.
A candidate who passed class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board should fulfill the given below criteria. So here are the few points which candidate should take care before applying for IIT JEE Main 2016:-
- Candidate must have PCM and passed the 12th class with PCM with minimum of 50% marks in the core subjects.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th exam in the year 2013 or before are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016 no matter if you are dropper or not.
- If candidate appeared for qualifying exam in 2013 but did not pass in the same year and later passed in 2014 are also not eligible for JEE Main 2016.
- Candidates must have studied at least five subject in their class 12th.
Age limit is also among JEE Main 2016 Eligibility criteria for droppers. Date of Birth mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will be considered as the DOB for candidate IIT JEE Main 2016 exam. Age limit for various categories are mentioned below:-
- For General and OBC Category Candidates – Candidate must bear on or after October 1, 1990.
- For SC/ST/Pwd Candidates-Candidate must bear on or after October 1, 1985.
- States like Maharashtra and Odisha consider age according to the past admission process in their states through the state level exam.
Number of Attempts:-
There are maximum of three attempts are allowed for JEE Main that too in consecutive years. If candidate appeared for JEE Main in 2014 then he/she can also appear for JEE Main 2016 but year of passing 12th class should be 2014. And a candidate who appeared for JEE Main 2015 is also eligible for JEE Main 2016.
Most of the candidates get confuse between Qualifying year and number of attempts. Candidates who have appeared for JEE Main earlier and again are going to appear for JEE Main 2016 should take care of the this point.
- As there are maximum of three attempts for JEE Main so candidate must have passed their 12th class examination or equivalent examination in the year 2014 or 2015 to become eligible for JEE Main 2016.
Any dropper candidates who have fulfilled all the above mentioned criteria can apply online. Online Application form for IIT JEE Main 2016 will be out in their first week of November 2015.
So this is all about JEE Main 2016 eligibility criteria for droppers and if you have any query or suggestions then do comment in the box given below.