Now that you know that National Testing Agency will be conducting the exam twice a year, once in January and once in April, and the students can appear for one or both the exams there can be some uncertainty in the minds of the candidates as to which JEE Main score will be taken into consideration for the common merit list 2019. If you are planning to sit for both JEE Main exam then read the information given below which cover all the points regarding JEE Main score.
Procedure to calculate JEE Main Score 2019
After both the JEE Main exams are successfully conducted by NTA, the percentile score will be calculated and the merit list will be prepared. If a candidate has appeared in both JEE Main 2019 January and JEE Main April 2019, the better score out of the two exams will be considered.
If you have scored more in January exam than April exam or vice versa than the lower score will be neglected and the higher score will be used for the JEE Main merit list.
Calculation of the JEE Main Score (Paper 1)
The score of both the exams will be calculated individually, for every wrong answer, there will negative marking.
The equation for calculating the score: Number of Correct Answers x 4 – The Number of Incorrect Answers x 1
After calculating the raw marks normalization method will be used to calculate the percentile of the candidates. The percentile will be calculated up to 7 decimal places.
The following method will be used by National Testing Agency to calculate the percentile score of a candidate:
100 * Number of candidates appeared in the ‘Session’ with raw score ‘Equal To Or Less’ than the candidate/Total number of the candidates appeared in the ‘Session’.
Rank List for Paper 1
After the percentile score of each candidate is calculated the merit list is prepared. If two students have scored the same marks then the ranks are decided in the following order:
- The candidate obtained higher marks in Mathematics will be rewarded with a better rank
- The candidate obtained higher marks in Physics will be rewarded with a better rank
- The candidate obtained higher marks in Chemistry will be rewarded with a better rank
- If the scores are still the same then the older candidate will be given preference.
Rank List for Paper 2
If two students have scored the same marks then the ranks are decided in the following order:
- The Candidates obtaining higher marks in Aptitude Test in Paper-2 will be rewarded a higher rank
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Drawing Test in Paper-2 will be rewarded a higher rank
- If the scores are still the same then the older candidate will be given preference
All important points regarding the JEE Main Score have been discussed, in case you still have doubt then share your queries in the comment box below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to engineeringfunday.com.