JEE i.e. Joint Entrance Examination is one of the most difficult exam given by lakhs of students every year for admission in various engineering colleges across India. Some of the students who appear for JEE examination feel the sense of dissatisfaction towards their marks in their board exams and face different queries regarding the same. In this article, all the information related to CBSE improvement exam for JEE will be mentioned for all the students who want to appear for JEE.
CBSE Improvement Exam Important Points
- CBSE improvement exam gives a chance of increasing the marks to those students who doesn’t seem happy about their board result.
- In general, a student can appear in one or more than one subjects as per his choice for improvement, but he has to give the improvement exam for all the 5 subjects to sit for JEE exam.
- The student can’t give CBSE improvement exam for the additional subjects or for the subjects in which he is marked as failed.
- Only those students are eligible for CBSE improvement exam who have qualified CBSE board’s Secondary School Examination.
- During the period of CBSE improvement exam students cannot go for their higher studies.
- Students need to give only their theory exam. Their practical marks will get added to their improvement result. Students have to give both theory and practical exam only if he fails in the practical exam of that particular subject.
- New mark sheet gets issued after all the improvement exam in which revised marks are mentioned.
- There is no need to get a new passing certificate as the original passing certificate remains valid.
- CBSE Improvement Exam Application Form costs only Rs. 10.
- There are two types of application forms available for CBSE Improvement examination. One is DISSCE which is exclusively for Government Schools in Delhi and the other is AISSCE which is for private schools all over India.
- The CBSE improvement exam can be given only in the successive year of passing Class XII exam and only one attempt is permitted for improvement exam.
- The candidate may appear privately, however, those students who re-appear for all subjects can also appear as a regular candidate if the school gives him the permission to readmit.
Rules for Improvement Exam By JEE
There are several rules set by JEE for the improvement exams which are given below.
- The student has to appear for the improvement exam for all the 5 subjects to appear for JEE.
- Candidates who appear for the improvement exam gets only one chance to inform JEE unit as to which year’s marks will be considered for the preparation of final merit.
- While filling the application form for JEE a student has to mention whether he will be appearing for CBSE improvement examination or not.
- Language, Physics, Mathematics, any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject) and any other subject are the main 5 subjects which will be taken into account for calculation of percentile and normalization of qualifying marks for paper 1(B.E./B. Tech.) and paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning) of JEE (Main).
- If a candidate has passed 12th exam from one state and has appeared for improvement exam from the other state then his eligibility for JEE will be considered from the state from where he has originally passed the 12th exam.
- The subject with better marks will be considered if a student has given qualification exam for 6 subjects.
- The candidates are advised to regularly visit JEE (Main) website and newspapers for any other information.
Hope the readers are clear with all the queries regarding improvement exams. Find the article helpful? Do share with others who are looking for the same.