Changes Introduced In JEE Main 2019
As you all know the registration has already started from September 1st, 2018 for the JEE Main 2019 January exam. Millions of students will sit for the most popular and competitive engineering entrance exam. There are certain changes introduced in JEE Main 2019 exam which are discussed as follows.
- Earlier the exam was conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), 2019 exam will be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency)
- Earlier the exam was conducted once a year, from 2019 onwards it will be held twice a year. One in the month of January and one in the month of April which means you have double the opportunities
- Candidate can appear in one or both the JEE Main exam of the year. If you choose to sit for both the exams then the best marks out of the two would be used for the admission
- The criteria for applying based on the age has been removed, class 12th pass-outs from the year 2017 and 2018 and students appearing for 2019 12th class examinations can apply regardless of their age
- There is a reduction in the application fee for 2019 JEE Main
- Approximately 1.5 service centers have been set up for the students to fill the application forms, fee deposit, picture upload etc at a very nominal fee
- The mode of the 2019 JEE Mains would be online, whereas the Paper 2 drawing section would be offline which is pen and paper based
- Though the exam would be conducted by NTA, there is no change in the pattern, syllabus, and language of the exam
- Students can practice at home or at 2697 practice centers which have been set up across the country.
- Test cities where JEE Main will be held have been increased to 264, whereas abroad cities have been reduced to 9. Dhaka has been excluded from the list of abroad cities
- The exam will be conducted in multiple shifts
Hope this article which talks about Changes Introduced In JEE Main 2019 was of some help to you.For more information visit and subscribe to engineeringfunday.com. You can also leave your queries in the comment box below.